View Single Post
Old 11-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #1
caitriona
Senior Yorkie Talker

Question Nighttime behaviors

Ok, Lestate has been with us for over 2 weeks now, His nighttime behavior has been ok, I was putting him to bed at 10 or 11 pm and he would not whine or bark and would wake up when our alarm went off at 6:30 am, and he would very rarely go in his crate at night, he was also consistently going on his wee wee pad, now in the last few days i began to take him outside every two hours and so far so good he has been going outside even though he still has accidents inside.

But then his nighttime behavior has changed the last couple of nights. He begins to bark at 4:30 which i can understand since i know he should only be able to hold it for about 5 to 6 hours. And then i put him back in his crate and i go back to bed and then at 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 almost on every hour he barks to be let out again, Now my question is does he really need to go or is he just barking for attention?

When he starts barking after i know he already went should i just ignore him and leave him in his crate? or is there something else i should do? also i have been taking him out every two hours and i attached a bell to the door that i use religiously, sometimes though i wonder if he even notices it. all of a sudden he also seems to dislike the wee wee pad, i have been following a traning method that i was told worked, when i know he has to go i have been therthering him to his leash which is in reach of the wee wee pad and wait about 10 minutes for him to go and then i release him, i was told to never let him have the run of the house because he is so young.

I would really appreciate some advice on these issues.

Thanks
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!