View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #10
MauiGirl
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieLovin View Post
Thanks for the tips...I gave him pumpkin...but the little bugger has decided he is not fond of it ! He will eat a tiny bit if I put it on my finger...but only about an 1/8 tsp!

I wanted to treat Zeus proactively just to be safe but my vet said they wouldn't do it without a fecal and appointment on him first...which is scheduled for next Friday...their 1st available ! So for now I am just crazy ammonia cleanup lady!

I feel like either I am taking Coccidia too seriously or the Vet isn't taking it serious enough! I know I am a neurotic overprotective momma but I have educated myself on the issue and I really feel like my concern is justified.
In the grand scheme of things, the vet is probably thinking that this isn't among the worst ailments he sees daily, and once you have identified it, it usually responds well to antibiotic treatment. From what I learned it affects puppies the most, and is not as hard on adult dogs. Assuming Zeus is an adult, he wouldn't be a sick as a puppy anyway. Most of us are a little neurotic & overprotective, cause these little furkids are our babies. The receptionists at my vet clinic roll their eyes when they see me coming in.... cause I'm always carrying a zip-lock bag or two of poo samples, labeled with names, date & time. When Meika had coccidia, I was so upset, you'd have thought the diagnosis was Aids. Now that it's all over, I guess I didn't need to be that freaked out. Currently we are dealing with Tiki's possible liver disease.... now that's something to really get ya worrying.

Just know you are doing the best you can, and this too shall pass.

Last edited by MauiGirl; 11-08-2008 at 01:51 PM.
MauiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!