View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #9
YorkieLovin
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiGirl View Post
My Morkie came home with coccidia which was found thru fecal test at first vet visit. She had only one day of moderate diarrhea with a little blood and mucus, which I also felt may have been from stress and diet change. She was on Albon for 10 days, and the vet had me treat my other Yorkie puppy too even without a fecal test, as she started diarrhea too. No probiotics were used. Both were totally clear 2 weeks later.

I've heard of many here feeding canned pumpkin for diarrhea and stomach distress. Have you tried that?

You are doing everything right, especially cleaning, and it's good he uses pee pads cause cleaning carpet is very hard.

Good luck.
Thanks for the tips...I gave him pumpkin...but the little bugger has decided he is not fond of it ! He will eat a tiny bit if I put it on my finger...but only about an 1/8 tsp!

I wanted to treat Zeus proactively just to be safe but my vet said they wouldn't do it without a fecal and appointment on him first...which is scheduled for next Friday...their 1st available ! So for now I am just crazy ammonia cleanup lady!

I feel like either I am taking Coccidia too seriously or the Vet isn't taking it serious enough! I know I am a neurotic overprotective momma but I have educated myself on the issue and I really feel like my concern is justified.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!