Thread: Gastritis?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 AM   #5
CupofDog
YT 500 Club Member

Thanks for all your advice!

Louis has been on a 100% natural, holistic diet (raw fed) for almost a year. He had HORRIBLE diarrhea and vomiting when I got him, and between all of the conventional treatments (antibiotics) and innoculations, I think it just put him in a state of regular inflammation, probably exacerbated by stress. The raw diet and holistic lifestyle keeps him stable most of the time...

He sees a holistic vet, we now do titers rather then vaccines. I think we are on the right track, its just been a 2 year journey and this is the first time anyone said the word "Gastritis" to me.

Last night I came home to vomit everywhere and he couldn't keep anything down, so we went to our emergency vet to give him IV fluids. Both my regular vet and the er Vet think that its my stress (I am going through a divorce) and he may of eaten something off the ground which upset his already sensitive tummy.

We are going to see the holistic vet later today (I love my vet! She was on the phone with me at the Vet ER) to get some herbal anti-inflammatories and perscription strength probiotics. And we are going on a bland homecooked diet of brown rice and boiled chicken to start...He may be unable to handle raw...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!