Thread: Liver disease
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:08 PM   #34
MauiGirl
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
Ahhh....I am so sorry, I know the stress of this all.

Roxy's first BAT was pre 43 and post 100.9 and I was scared of LS. She shows only slight signs of liver issues and now that I know what they are I can see it, but to the normal folk she would appear fine.

I had TJ BAT too and his post was 43

I put them both on a special diet. I did further blood work, urinalysis, coagulation and a U/S on Roxy. All was normal. The U/S showed a normal size and shape liver.

I have since BAT them both another 5x last year. TJ's post came down to below normal all the time, as a matter of fact, his last post was 1.3
Roxy's pre came down, but her post is in the 60 to 85 range.

We are treating her as if she has MVD ~ b/c that's most likely what she has. She gets a special home made diet and supplements and she is thriving once again. Seeing her 'play' is an incredible sight

We are here for your support and the Yahoo Group(s) are Great too!
Did either of your furkids have elevated ALT? I'd love to hear more about your special home made diet; did you design it yourself, or with a vet or nutritionist? I am totally open to home cooking, and have been doing partial home cooking for months in addition to puppy kibble.

I'm off to the other side of the island to vet and shopping, and will check back in here this evening.

Thanks, as always
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!