View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 07:00 AM   #11
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

The computer doesn't do ANYTHING....when I turn it on, the black screen comes up that says "windows did not start sucessfully" and gives you a list of options:
"if you know what caused this problem - choose: last known good configuration" OR
"if you don't know - choose one of the following: start windows normally, safe mode, safe mode w/ networking, safe mode w/ command prompt".

No matter which ones I try, another screen pops up...."unmountable_boot_volume", check if new software/hardware was installed...if problem continues, remove/disable newly installed software/hardware....disable BIOS memory options (caching/shadowing).....choose safe mode to remove/disable components....etc....and then a list of letters and numbers under tech info.

BUT, I can't even get past these screens to check anything...I know that I haven't installed anything new....and I am sure I have deleted/cleaned out my history, cookies, temp files, etc.

---I am on my DD's laptop---

There is another screen I can get to by pushing F8 when I first turn the computer on...it is the windows advanced options menu...the options listed are:
safe mode w/ networking, safe mode w/ command prompt, enable boot logging, enable VGA mode, last known good configuration, directery services restore mode (windows domain controllers only), debugging mode, start windows normally, reboot, return to OS choices menu.

I have maually turned off the computer, unplugged and replugged everything and done everything on these screens....I can't get any further (so far).

I will check that website...and everything else...before I deal with tech support...THANKS! (sigh)
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!