View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

I am so sorry....I felt awful reading that you were in tears.

Poor Corky. I had no idea she was a senior. That definitely will not work.

I have a foster here who came to me after being found living between the woods and an abandoned building. He was feral.

Don't even ask me what I was thinking about. hah! But..I am happy to tell you that after he bit the heck out of me a few times and went after a few of my kids, he now lives happily with them.

All I did, was put him in a crate every time he did something unacceptable. I did not particularly care for doing that since some find comfort in crates, but I had to separate him and, at first, I could not even pick him up without being bit. I would pick it up and corner him. I said *kennel up* every time and would only leave him in there for a couple of minutes. He got the idea in no time....and every time he did something unacceptable he would willingly go to the crate. We graduated to these *time outs* in bathrooms and, as I said, for only a couple of minutes. This took months and the months have stretched out to two years. I don't know if the little sweetie will ever find his forever home...maybe he has found it here....but, he is a happy playful little pupster now who gets along very well with my pups!

I hope things tone down a bit for you. These guys are like children and some can be a handful. Sounds like you got one of them! Time and patience and I will bet you end up with a wonderful family member.

I did not say this....make sure Marley is evaluated thoroughly by a vet....just to be sure it is not something medical. I have a feeling you probably have already done that.

Good luck and keep us posted!
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!