Thread: Barking
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
Wabbit
Love my little flowers
Donating Member

For her to bark and bite at you....and to be barking all the time....looks like you have yourself a little dominant girl....you need to establish yourself as pack leader to her....The best way to do that is to walk her...keep her at your side....she will learn that YOU control the walks....even if it's cold you can still go out for a little bit...put her on a leash...even if it's just inside your yard.....keep her beside you....don't let her lead you around....then she's pack leader...

Also inside the house establish boundaries and limitations for her...maybe don't let her on a particular piece of furniture..so she will learn it's your house not hers...and also start teaching her NO....especially when she's barking...

Also because yorkies are so tiny...many times they get away with naughty behavior...so just pretend that your baby is 80 lbs or so...and then decide if her behavior should be allowed..even if she's the cutest little thing ever....teach her no....sometimes a little tap with a verbal cue..NO...might help to redirect her behavior...

I probably wouldn't allow her to run all over the house barking...can you contain her some way for a little bit...see if she'll settle down and then let her out?? NOt sure if that will help or not.......she probably knows your morning routine and knows your going to work...that might cause her a little anxiety...however it looks like your problem is bigger than that...

I'm not trainer but all these ideas have helped me to maintain balanced dogs in our pack!! Good luck!!
RIP Honey Rose & Jasmine

Last edited by Wabbit; 11-06-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!