Thread: Bath Time
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #11
York-a-lator
Yorkie Yakker

Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiepuppie View Post
i don't cover milu's ears when i bath her. i never bath her by myself though, because she gets really scared when i bath her, and she shakes, so i feel bad. i always start by putting a bath towel in the dryer before i start bathing her. get her plastic bathtub filled with water, and put her in it and water her body while my fiance washes her body, rinse off, conditioner, rinse off, then wash the head LAST, because that's the part she really hates!

my fiance will wash milu's head, and while i am rinsing it off, he goes to get the towel out of the dryer. and we wrap milu in the big warm bath towel to dry her off, and then i run the hair dryer on milu while my fiance play with her, so she won't hate it as much.

the whole process only takes about 15 minutes. (that's fast right?)

a trainer told me to use a turkey baster to rinse shampoo off of the head because it's less scary for the dog that way. i should really try it, but i just want to get it over with (am too impatient) but i think it's probably a better idea!
Oh, thanks! That's a good idea. I like the warm towel and baster ideas. I usually just use a wash cloth to wash their heads and faces and dry their faces right away. I worry about getting water in their ears and up their noses.

Scooter REALLY hates a bath. I think she's part cat. Jilly will let me do anything to her. She totally trusts me. After I bath and dry them (my husband does the blowdry), I put them in front of me on the counter on a towel, they sit quietly and I comb their hair and put a bow in their topknot. Scooter has really thick hair and Jilly's hair is long. After I put in her bow, I braid her topknot. She looks adorable!
York-a-lator is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!