View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #1
GeorgieMama
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default BEWARE of YT Breeder: Michele Irvin in Modesto, CA

Buyers beware! Yorkies Breeder in Modesto, CA

I purchase a female yorkie from a Michele Irv in Modesto, CA. Before bringing the puppy home, she and I have had numerous conversations, face-to-face, email and phone calls. Each time she had assured me that there aren’t any health issues with the parents or the puppy, that the puppy has been checked by her vet and in good health. I brought her home at 9 weeks and 1.8lbs, took her in for a checkup. The vet immediately diagnosed her with a ¾ patetta luxation grade in one of her hind leg and a 2/3 in the other. He also stated that this is a hereditary and congenital disease and that the vet that had examined her should have seen it. She would need surgery as soon as she gets a little older and would cost between $1,200 - $1,400. I also spoke with another vet to get a 2nd opinion and his diagnoses and prognoses were the same as the 1st vet. I was devastated, hurting for my little puppy, knowing that she’s in pain, because she’s already showing signs of favoring the worse of the 2 legs and cried during the exam. I immediately emailed this information to Michele and since this is a birth defect given the severity of her PL at such a young age, I asked that she either helps out with the surgery cost or reduce my purchasing price. She had been un-willing to try to make things right. She did not come down on the purchased price or offer any compromise. The only thing that she would do is refund my money, IF I return the puppy. Sadly, I’ve grown to love and bonded with her and can not return her, especially, with a pre-existing condition. Not knowing if Michele is looking to re-sell her to someone else, put her down, or just let her live with the pain, all of which is just not something that I can take a chance with such a precious little thing.

I had thought that I’ve done my homework in that making sure to see both parents, ACK registered and visit the home that the puppy were in. But, sometime, even though you’d done everything that you could do, it still does not prevent greedy people from lying and taking your money. Michele owns both the parents, and regardless of the genetic defects, I am certain that she will continue with the bad breeding and breed them again. I would not recommend this breeder as I believe she was well aware of this defect and chose to breed and sell to un-suspecting owners anyway, all in the name of money. Sad.
GeorgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!