View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 AM   #10
Gracie2006
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann View Post
What color would you want to try and go to? An actual color is so much better for your hair than bleach. If I were you, I'd go to Sally's and get a DARKER color that you want your hair to look like, remember though, it's going to be at least a shade darker than the hair samples on the shelf look. On the back of the box, it will tell you what developer to use and they'll have it at Sally's too. I recommend Clairol Professional, not the liquid in the bottle but the tubes that are in boxes. I'd also pick up a packet of the Ion conditioner for dry/damaged hair. This should all run you about $15 or so. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Whenever I had my mishap with my dye from the drugstore, I made an appointment a few weeks later and had it colored darker. I then waited around a month or a little longer until it had faded a tad and had it highlighted. It takes time to get to that lighter color you're possibly wanting to achieve but at least your hair won't be dead from processing it yourself.

HTH!!
Thanks so much. I really wanted to go to a dark blonde to light brown. I mixed the corrector, a lot of it, with some purple tint shampoo. The bright orange is nearly gone, but the color is still more red than I would like.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!