View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 AM   #1
Xaleia
YT Addict

Default Biting Posted here and main board

Marley is not yet 4 months. He is extremely energetic and appears to be a happy But he wants to bite bite bite, which is understandable as he is a puppy. He rarely licks and just kisses. He does do that when I first come home from work and first thing in the morning. After that it is full energy and biting when playing.

So the most disturbing part for me is that when we go to at night, I have Corkie there, my other one and I usually put him in his kennel with in a few minutes(it's right next to me on the floor) for biting Corkie(trying to get her to play). Well I try for a few minutes to direct his attention elsewhere and teach him not to attack her. When I tell him NO, he just turns around and bites me. I grab him and tell him NO. He is not afraid of my NO.. or anything. Then as I continue to tell him NO..lay him on his side like Cesar says... he tries to bite me the whole time. I can feel he is getting frustrated as he can't do what he wants and I'm holding him down. As soon as I think he is calm.....I let go and he just bites me again. I can do this over and over..and he does not give up. When holding him down he is reaching over and trying to bite me...so I get him right by the side of the neck, and try to keep my hand out of his reach, but again let him up and he just bites me again.
I'm very very concerned. I've never had a yorkie or any dog respond in this way. Usually my girls...a harsh no was enough to break their heart.
I'm so hoping that this is just a puppy stage? As I said before in another post, it has been years since I've had a puppy. I was so upset last night I could hardly sleep, wondering if this puppy has an issue or am I doing something wrong?
I am a dominant person with my dogs, make no mistake. I baby them but also, if they are mis behaving, I correct it immediately. I just have never experienced this.
I don't have thousands to get some sort of specialized behaviorist.

Hoping that some of you out there have experienced this and what did you do...what was your outcome.
I'm at a loss.

I don't want to rehome him.... that would break my heart. I want to do what is needed, I just don't know what it is OR...praying this is something with continual training, he will grow out of.
He does not appear to be mean.....just very dominant and wants what he wants... He is afraid of NOTHING.

Cj

Last edited by Xaleia; 11-06-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Xaleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!