View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 08:40 PM   #9
emilyann
Lovin' My LilBug!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie2006 View Post
Thanks for your help. The box only gives directions for mixing with toner or color. It says you can put it in shampoo but it does not say how much to use. I tried 20 drops in one ounce or so of conditioner, applied to damp hair and left it for 15 minutes. It toned it down a bit. I then shampooed mixing 20 drops with the ounce or so of shampoo, that did not do anything.

I bought some purple tint shampoo at the drug store, that seemed to help a bit also. Maybe if I add this color corrector to that? Maybe I will go to the beauty supply store and look for the shimmer lights. I feel like such a fool. I used a dark blond first, that ended up orange. After reading online, I used a light ash blond. That toned it down quite a bit, but still too red for me. My hair won't take another bleach processing. I bought a light brown color with no peroxide. Do you think that might do the trick. My natural color is dark blond to light brown, kind of a mousy ugly color. I was trying for the medium ash blond I loved when I was younger. I used to color my hair all the time and never had a problem.

Word of warning. If you have brownish hair and want to go lighter, go to the salon. Trying to fix a mistake ends up costing as much if not more.
What color would you want to try and go to? An actual color is so much better for your hair than bleach. If I were you, I'd go to Sally's and get a DARKER color that you want your hair to look like, remember though, it's going to be at least a shade darker than the hair samples on the shelf look. On the back of the box, it will tell you what developer to use and they'll have it at Sally's too. I recommend Clairol Professional, not the liquid in the bottle but the tubes that are in boxes. I'd also pick up a packet of the Ion conditioner for dry/damaged hair. This should all run you about $15 or so. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Whenever I had my mishap with my dye from the drugstore, I made an appointment a few weeks later and had it colored darker. I then waited around a month or a little longer until it had faded a tad and had it highlighted. It takes time to get to that lighter color you're possibly wanting to achieve but at least your hair won't be dead from processing it yourself.

HTH!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!