View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
RONLYNN
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenna78 View Post
Hello YT, Thank you so much for all of the information provided regarding liver shunts. Roxy is my jack russell yorkie poo and she is 5 1/2 months old. She has already had her bile test and her liver scan and she has been diagnoised with a single extrahepatic shunt. Two weeks ago we started her on Hill's prescription diet l/d and she has responded well. What a different pup she has become! In those two weeks she has gained one pound, bringing her up to 3 1/2 pounds!!! Last week we went to VMSG in Ventura California for her surgical consulation. They quoted me $5200-$5800. UC Davis quoted me $3000-$4000. So, based upon what I have learned here on YT, we will be traveling in early January 2009 to the University of Tenn, as they quoted me $1600-$1840. Since we are in California it will be quite a drive for us, but again from what I've heard from YT it will be well worth the drive! Roxy has also been put on Lactulose and Potassium Bromide for her pre-surgery digestion aide. Anyway, just wanted to share my story so far and thank you all for your invaluable information regarding liver shunts!!! I have learned so much.

You will be in good hands in Tennessee. My Teddi had her surgery 1 year ago in Tennessee thanks to people on this site who told me to join the Liver Shunt group. Everyone at UT was so nice and her surgery went off with no problems. The total there was $1,245 and the vet her in CA has quoted me $4,500 to $6,000. I definitely saved money and it was well worth the peace of mind knowing it is the best place possible for her to have the surgery. Teddi is 100% better now...you would never know that she was sick 1 year ago. Here is Teddi's story: Teddi's Story

Good luck to you and Roxy I'm sure she will be just fine!!!

** PPU - Petite Pups United Member ** The PINK Club Member **
RONLYNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!