View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
tracyb1023
Senior Yorkie Talker

Everyone on here told me to just give lots and lots of affection to your 'first-born' [haha] so they don't feel like they have to compete for you. I was originally trying to give both equal affection-which was exactly what was causing the fights! Remy was getting pretty pissed at me-hah-but was taking it out on poor Roscoe. I also fed Remy first, let him outside first, and gave him treats first, etc. [All advice I recieved from members on here] Over the course of two or three days, Remy got more and more adjusted and less and less aggressive towards Roscoe--last nite I had both of them in my lap--which would NOT have been possible last weekend! I let them figure things out on their own-I stopped stepping into their squabbles [I would've stepped in had things gotten violent] I did invest in a squirt bottle and if I thought horseplay was escalating into a fight, I simply squirted the instigator in the bottom and they quickly calmed down

These are both boys, and I've heard females can be a bit more stubborn when it comes to accepting a newbie but don't lose hope I think with time your will be fineeee! I was really upset and frustrated but they have done a complete 360.

I left them alone together for the first time today (I was keeping Roscoe gated in the kitchen before) and went home for lunch and they were snuggled up on the couch together! Finally PEACE!

Good luck with your babies-I'm sure it will be FINE!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!