View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #9
Lexi's Mom
Senior Yorkie Talker

When we got Lexi at age 6 weeks, she was the typical black and tan puppy. The only difference was that she had a white (not silver) "lightening bolt" on her forehead. Now that she's 8 months old, she has a silver head, black body, copper face and paws and a WHITE chin and chest. Three of her paws are tipped in white and one of the pads on her back paw (the one that is copper) is white instead of black. She even has the pink skin under the white fur on her chest with brown pigment patches on her skin. She was sold to us as purebred (no papers, not registered). We were shown both of her parents and neither of them had white anywhere. Does this mean that she was crossed somewhere in her bloodline? I assume that because her white is so white (very different than the silver on her head) that it will stay this color?

Sorry for so many questions all the time. She's my first and I have noone else who knows so much about Yorkies.

Here are a couple of pics that show how distinct the white runs down her beard and chest. It's almost as if someone took a very fine white pencil and drew her beard.
Attached Thumbnails
Parti Color Yorkies???-lexis-chest-leg-coloring.jpg   Parti Color Yorkies???-green_yellow-eyes.jpg   Parti Color Yorkies???-lexi-mid-air.jpg  

I
Lexi's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!