View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
VetNutJim
Yorkie Yakker

Default Deramaxx Warning !! Dead in 3 Days !!

DEAD In THREE DAYS !!!!!

I sincerely hope I'm not violating any forum rules by posting the findings of my investigation of the DEATH of our beautiful, sweet angel, Savannah.
The following is MY OPINION and MY opinion ONLY after 1 week of reading all I can find about this particular drug, Deramaxx.
Again, if this post violates forum rules, moderator please remove it.

My intent is solely to try and keep anyone else from going thru the great devastation my wife and I have experienced due to the loss of our beloved Yorkie, Savannah, the light of our lives.

We lost our beautiful, loving baby girl Savannah last week.
I've described the tradgedy in another post.

This is to WARN everyone about the 'pain killer' Deramaxx.

Our baby was doing fine, in good health. She had started holding her left leg up SOMETIMES when she would run...
I took her to our Vet. on Thursday Oct. 23rd.
He said she had a strained ligament and gave her DERAMAXX.
Deramaxx 25mg divided in fourths.

We gave her 1/4 tablet Thursday afternoon. Another 1/4 table Friday afternoon.
On Saturday when we got up she didn't want to get out of the bed. (she always slept in our bed)
As Saturday went on she seemed to be feeling worse and worse. Lethatgic and didn't want to play, she just wasn't herself.
We gave her another 1/4 tablet of Deramaxx.
By Sunday she couldn't get up or stand alone without help.
I sat up holding her all night Sunday night, she was SO sick.
Took her to the Vet. first thing Monday morning and he did blood test.
I asked him if she could be having a reaction to the Deramaxx and he ASSURED be that wasn't the problem. After the test he told me her KIDNEYS had failed. When I asked why, he said it was because of her AGE. She was only 9 years old.
We brought her back home Monday afternoon and she couldn't stand or walk, take any food or liquids.
She died a couple hours after midnight @ 1:40am Tuesday, Oct, 28th.
I held her to my chest for hours and watched the life drain from her precious little body. I listened with her nose to my ear as she breathed her last breath and her precious heart stopped beating.
My wife and I loved this little angel girl with all our heart.

I have been searching for this past week for an answer to what could have taken our beloved Savannah from us.

IF I HAD ONLY KNOWN THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW !!!!
We would have NEVER given her Deramaxx !!!

This drug CAN be a KILLER.
The ONLY logical scenario is the Deramaxx caused her kidneys to shut down and she died within THREE days of receiving the first of three small doses of this drug.

WHY???? take a chance with your baby????

This drug should N-E-V-E-R be dispensed nonchalantly by your Vet.
Your baby should have blood test BEFORE and MORE IMPORTANTLY, BLOOD TEST after the FIRST dose to determine if YOUR little angel will be the ONE that will have a reaction and DIE from Deramaxx.

It's too late for my baby girl angel Savannah. But it's NOT too late for you.
PLEASE, don't allow this drug to cause you the pain, anguish, tears and depression of losing your precious baby.

Essentially "I" KILLED my baby by giving her this drug.
I am 200% convinced Deramaxx was disguised as the bearer of death for my little doll.

The reaction was FAST and FURIOUS. I don't think that after the second dose she even COULD have been saved.
This drug, Deramaxx, is a KILLER!!

My advice and I'm NOT a doctor or vet...... DO NOT ALLOW Deramaxx to be prescribed for your precious babies.
The RISK is just TOO GREAT!!!

I don't care if it has been GREAT for zillions of animals. It KILLED my little girl and it MAY kill your baby too.
WHY take a chance with your baby????

Sincerely,

Savannah's Daddy
Jim Alford
Cataula, Ga.
VetNutJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!