View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
Mybabyjasmine
Yorkie Talker

I have the same problem with my baby. She barks for probably 10 minutes until she realizes we really aren't coming back. Then the trouble starts. She gets mad at us for leaving her alone and wants us to see how mad she is so she destroys the house. I'll come home from work and the garbage can will be knocked over and spread out throughout the house. She will jump on tables and knock things off that she can chew up. She's gotten into bottles of pills (scared me to death but she didnt like the taste thank god), chewed up my schoolwork and books.

We also thought that getting another dog would help so she has company and someone to distract her. IT DID NOT HELP!!! It made it worse. Now they both bark and destroy the house even more. The other dog is a golden retreiver (they get along get!!!) but since he's bigger he can knock stuff off the dressers and other things that she couldn't get to previously. Now she's shown him how to destroy the house so its worse than ever.

We have to bring them to my bf's brother or parents house and i hate having to bother them all the time.

When we do leave them alone we'll come home and just stand there and stare at them so they know we are not happy. We push them off when they try to get our attention. It's starting to work slowly. lol They are starting to understand that in order to get our attention when we come home that they cant destroy the house.

hope you find something that works for you!!!
Mybabyjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!