View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennysmybaby View Post
Hi everyone! So I've been trying to read through some of the "Biting" threads not to repeat any questions and it seems that I've tried everyone's ideas...

my little guy who's 7 months has SERIOUS biting issues...i have a little brother who is 8 and we seem to have the most trouble with him. he bites everyday a lot. he'll randomly attack my brother, mostly when he's making a commotion (but he's 8...that's what boys do) and he'll charge at him with NO remorse. once he latches on he has no intention of letting go!

i've tried ignoring him, i've tried telling him no, i've tried punishing him- but these are all hard techniques when he's not only biting my family, but attacking them...there isn't much time before we have to rip him off because he leaves huge gashes.

i think this might have been something we've done because we play with him roughly because he likes it. we rough him up and use our hands so i know it's our fault.

it's getting so bad and i don't know what to do...he's starting obedience classes this weekend but does anyone have any advice? anyone have this problem so severely?

it's weird too because he is SO SWEET otherwise, and loves people...very very strange to me. I'M BEWILDERED AND TERRIBLY STRESSED!

HELP!?

First and foremost and listen well>>>> You did not cause this by rough housing it is what it is and yes maybe rough housing should stop until you have better control but do not blame yourself.

Not knowing all the details and also it not being professonial at all to deal with this at this level on line sight unseen your best bet is to go to class if it is postive based and no correction as in who is it you are going to?

Second nothing in life is free should be started. So puppy earns everything from supper to pets to going out to pee by doing the tasks he will learn in class. He needs to learn self control this will help.
He is reactive so he will attack that which he dee,s casuing stress so a fast moving boy.Great way to teach the boy to slow down it to put him to work helping the dog.

If your trainer is not postive you need to find one let me know there are a few in your area that I can get thier links.

You have tried a great deal pick one and stick to it passed you see it making a change and then it fails as you get to just the point the brain rewires and it forgets what you taught and you think you have failed... gentle keep going teach it again and hang in as you increase things nt working each time you swtich as the dog learns to wait you out.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!