View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
JaxYorkieGirl
Yorkie Yakker

Rainbow Tigger Too's Last Flight.....

Today was a tough one.. Tigger has been declining in recent days and Rich and I started our discussion last week about what would be 'the right thing' to do. After consulting family and close friends who have known our Tigger throughout his 16 years, it was unanimous that we knew what 'the right thing' to do was. I called our vet yesterday and he not only consoled me but was a great source of information and comfort. We had taken Tigger to our other house for the weekend to have one more 'run around the patch'. See, we are an aviation family. Tigger had grown to love going to our second home at Spruce Creek Fly In in Daytona, FL. We have a big yard there and lots of room for him to wonder while supervised. He even liked to cruise down the aircraft taxi way! Tigger was blind and deaf but I know he loved the deep grass in his big yard and the outdoor smells. He was fond of all the attention he got when our neighbors would come over and love on him! Rich bought him a doggie flight jacket last year. He wore it but wasn't real fond of it. He sure looked cute! We called him 'General'. One of our good friends and a neighbor at The Creek flys a race plane in Reno, NV every year at the championship air races and we're fortunate enough to be on his crew. This year we put a 15 inch decal on the tail of the T-6 race plane with the logo of our company- Doggie Style Aviation. Daddy Rich is a professional aviator and like all aviators he has an aviation name- daddy is also know as 'Dogman'. That's how Doggie Style Aviation was born and what better brand for Doggie Style then Tigger's face as our company logo! It's all about style Dogman says. Tigger was full of style! So the company logo is a man in a tuxedo with a martini in one hand and a cigar in the other but the head and face is all Tigger. We get so many comments! We have t-shirts, decals, and even our golf cart is adorned with our Doggie Style Logo. Every ride in that cart now will be special. Tigger loved to be a dog and go on joy rides in the golf cart. Well, Tigger went on his last flight today. Dogman and I know he's in a special place where there is no pain and where his wings will never fail him. Farewell my baby.. Mommy and Daddy and Yeager the Yorkie already miss you. The sky will be a little bluer tomorrow because I know you and Willie G are playing with each other again. Say a little prayer tonight for Tigger Too..He's on Final for Home...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DOGGIE STYLE1.jpg (60.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DOGGIE STYLE2.jpg (68.9 KB, 38 views)
JaxYorkieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!