View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #7
SillyStrawberry
Senior Yorkie Talker

That is too bad. It makes me sad that these new owners are going to miss out because they can't make it through the first weeks of new puppy. What a shame. I think you are picking the wrong people. You need to pick intelligent people who know what a puppy means. Someone who has done their research and really wants a puppy.

Mine cried at night too....she missed her mom and litter mates. Normal! I knew she would. No way would I ever give up and give her back for any reason! Even my mom, who has my Yorkie's sister, who is a bit cowardly and not housetraining well, is super frustrated and has in moments of upset said she may not want to keep her....but then she cools off and says she wants to stick with it because you don't give up on them! I figure once you adopt, they are yours forever. You have to be strong and go through that phase and help the puppy adjust. It is like having a baby....they cry, the need to be let out, they need soothing and love, etc. Constant care.

Perhaps you should let all the new owners know this when they are adopting from you (especially if they are first time owners) so they know what to expect. The payoff in the end is the best reward.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!