View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 05:30 AM   #15
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispersmom2
This is so sad. And what is even sadder is that there will be so many of us who will join her in that diagnosis because we were such sun worshipers in our teens. Long before we knew what was so bad about it. I am gonna preach here! Go to a dermatologist at least once a year and have your body checked WELL! I know we have age spots, AK, moles and warts (saggy boobs too but that won't kill us unless they embarrass us to death standing in front of a doc buck nekked). I do this and have not been this year. This will be my reminder.
I will pray that your friend's friend is allowed to "give up the ghost" (an old WV phrase) and can die peacefully. Her children are so young and they will need such support.. In my area there is a camp for kids who have lost a parent or grandparent--Camp Knabi..
The most you can do for your friend is be there. Do not worry about saying the right thing. Cry with him! Smile with him! But, remember, you have to take care of the grief within your life that have been brought back up. Don't think you "have to be strong" being there for him whether strong or weak is the important thing.
Remember, we will be praying for you and your friend as you traverse this sda highway.

Thank you so much. I'm orginiall from VA close to WV and I haven't heard that phrase in a long time. Are you from WV?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!