View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
tracyb1023
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default for those that have lil BOYS...introducing new male into home

I posted once about this but just want to see if I can get some more advice! For those of you who have multiple male yorkies in the home--how long does this 'getting to know you' phase last? Remy is one year old and neutered and Roscoe, who we adoped on Thursday is about a year and a half old. He was just neutered Wednesday. When they first met, on neutral ground [dog park] they got along GREAT! Perfect match...but now that Roscoe is in Remy's territory, things aren't so great. They have peaceful and playful moments but when it comes to food, toys, and ME--things get bad! They fight and I have to step in. I have never know Remy to be so possessive of me until now. Do any of you have any advice on how to make this transition any smoother? Roscoe is a rescue and I'm guessing his life has been rough...I want to give him a safe happy home...not a home where he is constantly having to battle with Remy for food, toys, and my affection!

Afterall, adding another furbaby was MY idea...my boyfriend keeps reminding me of that!

i'm stressed. any advice and helpful hints would be GREAT!

thanks guys!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!