View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 04:42 AM   #9
Smarty Bones
Nope, Not a Wig.
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piptickle View Post
I know someone with Akita's and they can be very intimidating! Especially the big boy dog! There are lots in our area and I find the dark coloured (black/brown brindle) to be the most menacing looking, though they can be good dogs if well trained. Kahn one of our friends dogs will let anyone in but once there he will pin you up against the wall and keep you there til told its okay (and this is how he treats friends!!!)! They have a very loud voice and appear very frightening and I'm sure they would protect their home and owner if anyone were brave enough to break in, my friends dogs have never been tested though as the mere sight and sound of them is enough to deter anyone!!!
Joanne, thanks so much for the support. Yup, I'm a single gal (hmmm, gotta work on the single part ) 2 akitas would be a lot for anyone to handle-- i'd be concerned for your girls too if they got off there leashes

Piptickle, thanks for the input -- "Kahn" is such a great name for a big dog! Cracks me up, though being pinned down wouldn't.... hmm more food for thought. The 2 I fell in love with when I was a child were ice white, but they don't look as menacing as the darker ones!

Last edited by Smarty Bones; 11-02-2008 at 04:44 AM.
Smarty Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!