View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 08:40 PM   #15
Auntie Crazy
Yorkie Yakker

Shade

Wow, what an awesome welcome - thank you everyone!

Pics, everybody wants pics...*smile*....as soon as I figure out how to post 'em I'll be happy to do so.

Where do I live now? N. Grafton, MA. I loved MS (still do, in fact), lived there longer than I've ever lived anywhere else and found it very difficult (almost heartbreaking) to leave. But all of my family is here and it was time for me to quit wandering around and come on home.

And speaking of relatives, it was a couple of my dozen plus nieces/nephews (I'm part of a very large family) that gave me my Screen Name. They started calling me Auntie Crazy when they first met me four years ago because: 1. Tracy sounds kinda like Crazy and seemed easier for them to say, 2. I'm the only family member who has lived out-of-state (left over 22 years ago, only just returned 4 years ago), and 3. there's always been multiple animals in my home - something my siblings don't quite get (or empathize with). I have the feeling they (my sibs) encouraged the moniker for not-so-warm-and-fuzzy reasons, but it's all cool. I almost melted on the spot when one of my smallest nieces, one day while walking hand and hand with me on a beach and discussing all the creatures that could be found in it, looked up at me with the biggest, bluest eyes I've ever seen and said, "I love you Auntie Crazy." Yep, no matter the reason the nick-name was first used, I'm happy to hear it and proud to wear it.

Snow Yorkies, are your in-laws related to or friends with Penny and Bob Bach? I was just visiting them this weekend (they are my cousins, second removed) and they were relating a hilarious story of a move that involved sorting through and disposing of heaps and heaps of stuff that had collected over an extended period of time. It would tickle me to no end if your story and theirs involved the same characters!

Again, thank you everyone for such a delightfully warm and enthusiastic welcome!
Auntie Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!