Thread: please help!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
YorkieMother
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasiak View Post
Yes , I need to know how to leave a puppy during a day without it suffering too much. At the moment it's not looking good, since when I leave her and come back, even after an hour she is so nervous it brakes my heart. So I can not see how I am suppose to do it during a whole day at the same time I am on the way to ruin the biggest carrier opportunity of my life by wanting to run home to the suffering puppy all the time.

1. you are going to have to get in control of your own respnce to this.
Dogs can read you like a book better then we read them.
If you are all worried the dogs going to pick up on that and wonder and worry.
2. in your leaving ignore the dog and keep things calm for at least 15 minutes before you go. So the tape playing in the dogs haed is of calm and relaxed.

3. make sure she is tired out a long walk or play before the calm peroid before you leave. I mean dragging the tongue tired so not light pee stroll around the block.

4. set up an area that has stuff to do.... kongs filled and frozen with breakfast and chew toy that is safe... you can hide breakfast around the area she in.

5. make sure that she got a place to pee and poop. a place to slepp and fresh water all in a zone were nothing is near each other.

6. start with short times away at first ans slowly make it longer.

7. see if you can find a dog walker to come in mid day and take her out for a walk restock her suppy of things to do and break up the day.

8. getting another dog while working on a big project and also looking after a still new puppy while it could be a good idea could also give you more headachs as you will have two to deal with and two to manage and what if they hate each other and you have to get them settled in.

9. Can you change your day around so one leaves early and comes home early and one leaves later in the day and comes home later. So Puppy has a shorter day at home.

10. is there a nieghbour that you can have your dog go play at there house and have company

11. Music not running all the time get a radio on a timer on a calm station or even better a dog cd from through the dops ear and play it slow through the day.

12. DAP diffuser for dogs so that the phermones help keep things calm as she adjusts to the new way of life.

13. I look into getting the protocal for leaving a dog with sepration anxiety and work that as if she not now she is heading that way.

Just thoughts take what you can use.

JL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!