View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 AM   #5
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

I totally agree! Although most of us set down rules concerning our babies there are those who don't! Our kids are grown but we have grandchildren and our rules still apply ... noone under 15 can hold Toto and they can only hold her after being instructed! My 6 year old grandson, Austin, asked me one day ... "Nonnie, am I big enough to hold Toto now?" ... my answer ... "Yes, Austin, you are big enough but Toto is not!" He totally understands and is just as happy to play with her on the floor and she climbs all over him and they have great fun ... and while they are all very good with her, I still cannot allow them to hold her! Some people teach their small children and some simply treat the puppy as a toy and entertainment for the child and unfortunately in some cases the puppy pays the price! I guess I can kinda see both sides of the coin and it really doesn't seem to be fair. Aimee is right ... it should be handled on a case by case basis.
P.S. Just read debi's post ... when Toto has "had enough" playing she runs to her X-pen ... her safe place ... and until she wants to come out of there she is strictly "off limits"!! Sometimes she just wants her own space!!

Last edited by bettyeanne; 03-09-2005 at 05:54 AM.
bettyeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!