View Single Post
Old 03-09-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
debi_s
YT Addict

Ditto aimee

I agree with aimee.....I do not have any small children living with me...but I do have 2 grandchildren (occasionally3 when 'step'-Beth visits) .
I KNOW I am being strict but the smallest g-child is 22 months and prone to getting WAY TOO EXCITED about things and Adam ("the love of my life") is 4 1/2...just beginning to understand the concept of 'little things ' need special care.
I also do not allow the kids to be with Lil Bit unless I am with them. My first and biggest rule is to take off shoes when playing with Lil Bit. One of their favorite games I have taught them is to lay in the floor..face down....and cover their head/face with their arms and call...."Lil Bit....Lil Bit". and of course Lil Bit LOVES that game...she races around trying to dig under their arms and playing in their hair...the kids giggle like crazy!!!!
Lil Bit has been with us for a month now and I have already noticed she has learned to get under the table when things get a bit too loud or any running occurs. Normally I can let everybody wear themselves out and Lil Bit is more than happy to get in her pen and take a long nap! Safe at last!!

If I go to the bathroom or leave the room for something I call Lil Bit to follow me.....
I was the same way when I got my chihuahua, Apple...now that Apple is older and alot quicker she knows who to dogde and who to avoid when her voice gets into that 'HIGH-PITCHED-SHREAK'.....and the kids know to leave Apple alone when she is eating....or on the couch (under the heating pad) sleeping.
debi_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!