View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
rayray08
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMother View Post
Ugh.. why do vets do that... they know full well it to important for a dog to get socialized... My last one was out on one set of shots to classes at 8 weks old. I know the risks my choice but I also know the risks of no social skilss or lack of them.

Take her out in a bag or in your arms and go... 100 places. people and things and sounds by 16 weeks..... Carry her but get her out.

Your in the bay area get a hold of Dr Ian Dunbar..... or a staff person see what thay say and if you can puppy classes with him or his staff..

They be able to help you with little ones concerns.

JL
She did say I could socialize her with other dogs I know are vaccinated and what not.
Since I work in a grooming salon I've brought her there and she's actually played with a few dogs. Since I know those dogs are vaccinated.
She's best friends with my boyfriends sister's dog. They could play all day! Or until they both pass out!

I've taken her to stores where I know they won't kick us out, she's met so many people but only dogs in the grooming salon or the neighbors dogs. She's never growled at any dogs, she goes straight into play stance(so cute) But I never set her down anywhere besides the house, lawn, or back/front yard.

So I've been working on that 100 places/people/things/sounds for a while. She's been doing pretty well just gotta work on that barking.

Thank you so much for your advice. She's gonna get out a lot this weekend (hopefully it's not raining!)
rayray08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!