View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
nneessaa
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandawash View Post
Awwwww, I hope it works out for you! If I can offer you a tiny bit of advice, be sure to sit back and truly evaluate the little guy. Many people are willing to take advantage of others and will often try to "dump" a dog with suspected health problems before they become obvious to most people. Make sure they release the vet records to you BEFORE you make a decision so you can talk to the vet and make sure there isn't anything wrong.

It's also easy to be soooo excited everything looks rose-colored. Try to be as impartial as you can- I know it's SOOOO hard! But remember, your parents saying yes is a HUGE step!!!

These guys can have pretty serious health problems and when you get one you don't know the background on you can be stuck with tons of vet bills. Check his teeth to make sure they are in decent shape, watch him run and play and get those vet records!
Thank you for the advice. I will make sure he appears ok and to see his vet records. She talked to me for 20 minutes about him and I could really tell this was hard for her. She told me he gets the best care, best food, grooming every 2 weeks, etc. I really think she means well and is not trying to give him to me because of a problem.
nneessaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!