View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Ok Ladies.....I'm a groomer and exhibitor/breeder.....I can clip nails and/or use the dremel to file them down "THAT IS ON MY CLIENT'S DOGS". When it came to mine, it was fight, scream (me not them and I mean as in crying), though it would get done. At the end the dog would be exhausted and I'd be sweating. I have a couple that I've never been able to do and took them to the vet's to have them clipped. Well! about a month ago, I had one in the tub to be bathed and turned on the water sprayer over her body. I looked over and saw the nail clippers and picked them up, grabbed her hind leg and bent it backward at the knee and clipped all the nails on that foot without a flinch, squirm, nothing. Picked up the other hind leg and did the same. Picked up the front leg and did the same. Finished all 4 without a yelp. Did it in about 2 minutes.

The next day, I needed to bathe my next problem child and thinking the previous day was a fluke and did the same with my Denny. Under 2 minutes I was done. Well! Since that day, all my dogs are done that way and no more problem.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!