View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
majesticyorkies
YT 500 Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandfun View Post
Thank you! I have good news to share w/ all. We went to the dermatologist yesterday and he confirmed that my baby had sarcoptic mange...it just goes to show you that we know our loved ones best and doing hours of research on the internet really paid off for us. Even though my vet was convinced he had allergies, I insisted we start treatment for the mange...we went in on a Friday and got the 1st shot and didn't see any improvement the entire weekend (he was still itching like crazy!and I was feeling super guilty for putting MORE meds in his little body!).Well the derm confirmed yesterday so we made the right decision and today he's about 85% less itchy (he also got an oatmeal bath last night)but I SO HAPPY that we've had a breakthrough. For all those wondering, it took about 5 days to see an improvemnt(I searched everywhere and couldn't find this info on the web). We're on our way!! Yipee!!
that is wonderful to here, could you keep us posted on what you had to do and what the treatments where, we never know when this could happen to one of us, good info, always learning something new here, thank you Blessing
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!