Thread: Blue puppies
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

A blue born yorkie is not like the blue that you find with some other dog breeds. It isn't just the fact that blue borns are not an acceptable AKC color, it goes far beyond that. Many, if not most, blue borns have many health issues, from skin issues to death during young pup stages. There are quite a few on here that have experienced this just this year. There are some that have learned the hard way when they have lost all the blues in their litter just weeks after birth.
I don't personally have a problem with off color yorkies, like partis and chocolates, but when it comes down to breeding a color that is known to not only carry health issues, but often kills the dog, I draw the line there. I don't know, as I have never bred German Shepherds, I dont know if blue carries the same associated health issues, but if it does, I would not find that you would be an ethical breeder if you chose to breed them despite that.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!