View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 PM   #4
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Poor guy - it's awful to watch them suffer like that . So, with the Orijen and Wellness - are those the regular that you tried or have you tried the 6-Fish or Ocean? Because a fish kibble might be worth trying here if you haven't already.

Just a thought: have you ever had a skin-scraping done on him, just to be sure nothing is going on there? It might be worth the $28 (approx) to rule out a few things, just in case - you could check for mites, mange, yeast. I mean, I doubt it's those things - but it might be worth knowing for sure.

I checked pollen.com for you - and it looks like FL right now is low/med - so it could be seasonal, but again tough to say - but it's something for you to keep an eye on, along with his symptoms. So, maybe check the site once a week along w/ keeping an eye on his symptoms to see if you can correlate anything there.

Lastly, I'll mention feeding raw. I feed raw (NV) and really like it for my guys. Some folks on here have switched to raw after seeing itchy problems and have seen great results - so it's something I'll just toss out there. It doesn't always solve everything - but for some it has.

Anyway, I do hope he finds some relief - poor little guy. Fish can do wonders sometimes too.
I've only tried their regular formulas. I was thinking about trying fish. I think I've read once that chicken can sometimes bother dogs but, I'm not sure if that's right. Do you think I should try the fish formula?

I've never had a skin scrapping done. The vet always checks for ear mites and he's always been clean. As far as mange, wouldn't I see a rash on him?

I didn't think about pollen allergies but I think it's started since changing his food. When I first got him the breeder had him on Royal Canine and his skin was dry and so itchy. That's when I found this site and learned about corn and grains and switched to Canidae and it was wonderful. He stopped itching and his coat looked much healthier. I asked my boyfriend to think about when it started and he thinks it started around 2 months ago when I changed the food.

I'll try to research raw diets this week but, do you think a fish formula is worth trying to? Would a skin scrapping just test for the things you mentioned above? Thanks soo much for you help! I really appreciate it!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!