View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #1
carly101
Yorkie Talker

Question Is my baby mentally disabled?

My baby girl Gypsy is just about one. She always has behaved a little funny and seemed kinda airheaded. We always just thought that she was a blonde at heart. But i was recently reading a story on a rescue site about a yorkie who was handicapped, this yorkie and mine had a lot of similar traits. My little girl walks sideways, like her back feet try to walk faster than her front. She also gets tired quick. I try to take her on walks to keep her fit but half way down the block she just stops and lays down. At first i thought it was a leash thing but i always have her on a leash when we leave the house. She doesnt try to bite at it or anything. It has also taken me the past 10 months to teach her the basic comands like sit, stay, come and down. I work with her all the time and it seems just like she doesnt catch on. I love my little girl and if she is handicapped i want to know how to work better with her and what i can do to make her life a little easier. If anyone has any advice i would greatly appreciate it.
carly101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!