View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
silyjillie
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Allergies help, please!

I decided to take Meeko off of Canidae when they announced their formula change about 2 months ago. We went through a small bag of Merrick's (I think) before grain and the kibble was too small and he's just swallow it. Then I bought Orijen and he liked it but I decided on Wellness Core because it's popular on here. Well for the past 2 months he's been itching none stop. I fell like such a horrible mom. Everytime I see him scratching it makes me so sad.

I really don't think it's fleas. It's been going on for 2 months and I think if it were fleas, we'd seen tons by now. He's on Advantix monthly and I check him every now and then when he's laying on me. I wash him with a aloe & oatmeal shampoo. The first few months he had really dry skin and it was flakly but, i've been using this shampoo for the last 7 months or so and he made a huge difference, so I don't think it's that. The only things that I can think of is the new food.

I'm really stumped though. It's grain-free so I don't know what could be bothering him. Maybe a herb in it? I'd like any suggestions you have. I can't take seeing him scratch much longer. I'm really at a loss. How can I be sure or find out if it's Wellness thats doing it and if so which ingredient is bothering him so I can avoid it. Should I try their ocean formula?

Thanks for your advice.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!