View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 AM   #1
xmasbaby75
YT Graphic Artist
Donating Member

Sad Gellica is not feeling well

She has been sick since Saturday night. She began her heat a couple of weeks ago (today is day 17) and she started bleeding again Saturday night after the bleeding had stopped awhile back. She also became very lethargic. All she wants to do is sleep, and she is normally very active. She wouldn't walk down the stairs, and her legs seemed a bit wobbly, like she didn't have full control over them. She didn't throw up, and she was eating/drinking/pottying normal, so we waited until our vet opened this morning to take her in.

The vet said he "thought" it was a uterine infection since she is in heat, and said that the stress of the heat alone could cause this. He didn't do a blood test, just gave her some doxycycline (an antibiotic). How does he know what it is without doing a blood test? Yes, it does seem logical, but I would rather "know" what she has instead of "thinking" I know what she has.

So, we gave her the first dosage this morning, and about an hour later she threw up just very little bit. Could the antibiotic be causing her upset stomach? Should I be giving it to her with food? The vet didn't say, I am just supposed to give her 1/2 tablet every 12 hours. Do you think she kept the first dosage down?

Oh brother, as I am typing this, she just threw up again. Any input would be great, as we are worried about her, and the vets diagnosis. Thank you!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!