View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
kyancer
Senior Yorkie Talker

I'm using the Petsmart in Frederick. I think it all depends on the trainer and how patient they are and willing to work with you. We tried a group session first and he only lasted for 10 minutes. And, the trainer couldn't give us the attention we needed because she had other people in the group that she had to work with as well. So, we switched over to Private Sessions. It is still hard because there is sooo much activity in a Petsmart store. But, that's really what he needs. He barked a TON throughout our session today (I had a huge headache by the end), but each time he got into a barking tirade we were able to get him to stop by using the quiet command and giving a treat...or by making a high pitched noise, or a squeaky toy. It was a LOT of work, but I learned a lot and I think it will be worth it. The nice thing is that the Petsmart training is refundable if after the first session you can tell it isn't going to work out for you and your dog. So, I definitely think it's worth a shot!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!