View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 09:32 AM   #3
jp4m2
Love my Boys
Donating Member

Personally I wouldn't touch this vaccine.....in my opinion it is too new with too many unknowns....will this cause cancer years down the road?.....every vaccine and medication that hits the market is a risk, there is no way a drug company knows the long term problems until it gets used out in the public on a larger scale than what was done in a controlled study in a lab....which is to say we are their guinea pigs, and that is the truth.....there is a wealth if info at your finger tips that explains about drug testing, clinical trials, and the approval process and the over use of vaccines........This vaccine doesn't just work on it's own it says you still have to do cleanings so what's the point?....

This is from :

University of California-Davis Veterinary Teaching Hospital

Canine Porphyromonas Vaccine

The canine Porphyromonas vaccine is an inactivated Porphyromonas denticanis, P. gulae and P. salivosa bacterin. It has been marketed 'as an adjunct to professional dental cleaning, periodontal therapy, and owner-administrated dental care routines' to prevent periodontitis, as demonstrated by a reduction in bone changes (bone loss/sclerosis) in mice used as an experimental model. The manufacturer recommends that primary vaccination consist of 2 doses given subcutaneously 3 weeks apart. The product license is currently conditional as efficacy and potency have not been demonstrated in dogs. Based on existing evidence, the UC Davis VMTH does not currently recommend routine vaccination of dogs for periodontal disease with this vaccine, and the vaccine is not stocked by our pharmacy.
jp4m2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!