View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #12
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblPopElectrc View Post
Thanks everyone!

I contacted the company via email so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I looked at (one of) the dog food analysis website and it seemed like the Natural Balance food only got 3 stars. Am I missing something?
The 3 different NB variety's that Stedman and Tatum eat are rated 4 stars. I believe the ONLY reason it was not rated a 5-6 is because the meat content is not as high as some of the other foods. Sometimes I believe that you just have to go with your OWN gut and feed what you feel is best for your babies. Not to mention, whatever they are doing the best on - which for me is NB and I have tried many, many different foods including NV Raw. It's a great food - but it didn't work for Tatum....so I just can't feed it, plain and simple.

Also, be sure and read the actual review too - don't just look at the number rating...the variety that my kiddos eat actually did get a good review...it just isn't rated a 5-6 because the meat content isn't quite as high. I do firmly believe though, no matter what anyone says, that sometimes the lower meat content foods are just the way to go when you have a dog with severe allergies. I have read many, many stories where NB is the ONLY food that an allergic dog could ever tolerate...and it proves to be true (so far) in Tatum's case.

I am basically speaking for the allergy formulas though - NB does have plenty of other choices that are not formulated for dogs with allergies. These will have a higher meat content - EXCEPT the vegetarian formula, lol.

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!