View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #5
kyancer
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMother View Post
I wish you best of luck and have fun.

Ok now I am curious what have you read... my book list is at home but if you got stuf I have not read I be intrested.

JL
I'm not sure I can even remember all the names of the books. I basically read almost all the training books in the dog section at my library. I definitely have to take and leave advice in the different books. A LOT of the books advocate using negative reinforcement by leash popping on some sort of collar. I just don't feel comfortable with that. And, some of them said you can never teach a dog to not pull on a leash if they are attached to a harness. I have proven that this isn't true. He still pulls sometimes, but is soooo much better, and I use a harness. The two books I really enjoyed were The Loved Dog and Victoria Stillwell's book (from the show "It's Me or the Dog". I LOVE Victoria Stillwell! I have implemented a lot of her techniques and they really help a lot. I also really enjoyed Cesar Millan's first book. His thoughts on how what we feel affects our dog's reaction to things really helped to show me what I was doing to keep my dog from being able to react calmly to stressful situations.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!