View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #8
SillyStrawberry
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi. I am new here. My name is Darla. I have a 4 month old Yorkie named, Strawberry.

When I was at the vets last week he asked how often I bathed her and I told him, 'once a week'. He looked shocked and told me that was too much and I should only bath her every 3-4 weeks! I laughed out loud at that comment. Once a week is me holding out! In this rainy weather she starts to get stinky dog smell at 4 days and stringy hair at about 5 days. I mean...I understand how they need their oils in their skin to not dry out, but I can't tolerate a stinky girl. She has free run of the house, including my bed....so she'd better be clean. Anyway....on to the point. Haha...there are drops you can get, but I also have heard of olive oil in the food. Does anyone know anything more about this? I am pretty sure that is what we did for our yorkie, Kiwi when she got dry in the Fall/Winter. And I bathed Kiwi once a week for 16 years. However, that was a childhood pet and I was not really paying attention to what my mom did with her food, but olive oil rings a bell. I was thinking if it is not harmful, I may try it to see if it helps keeping her from getting to dry and scratching. Any thoughts?
SillyStrawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!