View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 06:20 AM   #11
PrestigeousYT
YT 1000 Club Member

Some of the less expensive spay/neuter clinics do not do three wall closures when they do surgeries, I did not know that and I was also shocked to know that they do not do the monitoring like they do at most regular vets.
I was shocked when I heard this. I was also told that they line them up in a room with how many they are going to do that day which takes away from a sterile environment in my mind. Our local Spay/Neuter clinic has changed alot, they have a great new facility and they do have individual surgery rooms, an isolation rooms for parvo clients etc.
My son works at this clinic and he worked there when they had the old facility, it is a wonderful new set up they have now. I do however use a different vet who I am very happy with and have used for years. I found him when he was on call and my regular vet was closed and I have never went back to our old vet after meeting this vet. He is more expensive but my trust and faith in his care means a great deal for me. He has another office and a great vet there and I have complete faith in her too, he would have never hired her after she interned with him if he did not have complete faith in her.
So alot has to do with your experience with the vets, and its OK to change vets if you feel uncomfortable or concerned about their lack of care or over vaccinating.
My vet and I can discuss things and work together and thats the most important relationship to have with your vet. One that respects your concerns and will listen to your thoughts and wishes. I just wished he still did ER calls.
His office is open half a day on Saturdays then you have to us ER after that for the weekends. That is the one thing I do not like.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!