View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
My Marcel is around 3 pounds. He eats raw (NV) as does my Wylie. Some dogs who are very, very picky do astoundingly well on raw - so it's something to consider.

If your guy is being picky right now and you're worried - perhaps give some good blobs of peanut butter until he adjusts - good source of protein and fat. Bits of cheese, yogurt. Nutrical, if needed for support.
I was hoping you would pipe in! I have really been considering RAW, but am a little nervous as it is hard enough for me to get our dishes washed after meal time! I know tiny dogs eat much differently than ones even a bit bigger, so I don't know exactly what is enough. But he has eaten really well last night and this morning, and I have given him snacks in between. He's not really picky with the NB, just takes one kibble at a time and kinda plays with it before eating it. It's really cute but I am just wanting him to get enough and gain some weight!

I was going to make up some of the "grow a coat on doorknob" recipe (peanut butter, honey, a certain vitamin and mirra-coat) which will hopefully help his coat and put some weight on.

I am about 75% close to the raw diet. I am going to research those threads next! I heard even picky dogs just scarf it down.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!