View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #13
surfbb
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thanks for the warm welcome!! I will try to post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do that! I am hoping to add to our little dog family...[Since my daughter started college last year,and my son is on his way shortly,,the house seems too quiet!!] I volunteer at a no kill animal shelter "MLAR",,[if any of you watch Oprah, you may have seen the owner of the shelter on her show, Bill Smith,,] Anyway,,the shelter removes/recovers "Puppy Mill" dogs,,from horrible situations,,,It is such a blessing to be a part of helping these dogs,,,saving their lives,and seeing the remarkable emotional,and physical progress they make each day in a warm and loving environment!!
Well,,,it happened,,I fell in love with a little guy,,a cockapoo,he is 6 years old,,almost no teeth,,no barking ability,[ The Puppy Mill owner destroyed his vocal chords with a pipe when he was a baby],,He is extremely timid,,but oh so loving,,I have started the adoption process,and can't wait to bring him home to meet his new family! I'm thinking of naming him "Yum-Yum",,Yummy for short because he is so SWEET! I know it's a really corny name,,My husband and kids will probably veto me out on that one! Keep you updated on the adoption! Thanks again for the warm welcome!
surfbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!