View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Hooper
Yorkie Talker

Default Yellow Jacket Warning

I havn't post on here in a while but thought I needed to share this story. Two weeks ago Dewey (6 lbs) got stung on the jaw by a yellow jacket. We called the vet, she said to give him 1/2 tbs of Benadryl. He was fine. Then he got stung on the foot his past Sunday afternoon. I took him in and gave him the Benadryl again. I had to go somewhere and left. My wife called in about 20 minutes and said Dewey was not doing good. He had vomited and was lifeless. She grabbed him and ran up to my parents house and called me. I told her I would meet her at the emergency vet. On the way he became more lifeless and lost control of his bowels, his puples dilated and his eyes were rolling back in his head. She got him to the ve and they tok him back. They came out in 15-20 minutes and said is stats were fine and he was breathing fine. After about thirty minutes they brought him to the room with us. He seemed fine and has been fine since. We almost lost him. Thank God he is fine and indoors. The next day our vet called and said to keep him indoors until the jackets are gone. She said we would not have as much time if he gets stung again. So everyone watch your little fur ball very, very close if they get stung.

Last edited by Hooper; 10-23-2008 at 12:47 PM.
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!