View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #13
SassyAnn101
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Smile

I have 5 Yorkies. I started out with one puppy four years ago. His name was Gizmo. He was the only fur child, and he was my world. He made every step I made, and I loved him with all of my heart. He was not very social, and was very protective of me. I was happy with only Gizmo, had never thought of getting another, until October of last year when I seen this tiny little yorkie girl in the local pet store. She looked so little compared to (her brother) that was with her. Some time passed, and I would walk through there when I would take my son to the mall. The little boy was bought, but not the little girl. More time passed, they got two more yorkies in who was so much bigger than that poor little girl. I came in a couple weeks later, and those yorkies had sold, but not the little girl. I guess she just stole my heart, because last November I bought her. We named her Tenci, and she only weighted a little over a pound when I brought her home. Gizmo hated her, but she tried so hard to be his friend, but in February the worst possible nightmare happened.
I lost my baby Gizmo after having liver shunt surgery. I wanted to die too.
A family friend bought my son another yorkie shortly after Gizmo passed away to give Tenci a friend. We named him Trouble, and he will be one year old in December. Tenci turned One in July. I loved both Tenci and Trouble, but I was so lost with out Gizmo. I sat every day searching the internet, looking at yorkies for sale. Thats when I joined Yorkie Talk offically. I wasn't for sure what I was looking for, but I couldn't stop. Then one day I wondered across a web site with this little furry guy for sale. He had that look, I guess that reminded me of Gizmo. I contacted the breeder about him. He was small and she did not want to ship him alone. I tried to work out other arrangements to get him, but she ended up offering me another yorkie at a very discounted price so they could be together on the plane. I agreed thinking that I could find him a good home once he got here, but when my son seen this little guy he was not letting him go, so that brought us to four with the addition of Chip who turned One this past October 11th, and Gus who will be One in January. Then a few weeks ago the breeder offered me another deal, this time on a little guy who is the half brother to Chip and Gus. A friend of mine was gonna take him, but found out one of her puppies may have to have surgery so she couldnt. He looked so cute, and I had grown attached to him, so here we go again, with Pee Wee I have 5. Pee Wee will be one in March.

It was a huge battle going from one to two, but adding Chip and Gus was not that hard because Tenci and Chip are tiny. Trouble and Gus are a little bigger, so it worked out because now everyone has someone to play with.
and now Pee Wee is just one of the gang. I have a fenced in back yard, for them to play, they have X-pens while I am gone, and Pee Pads by the back door. They all are pretty well potty pad trained, learning to go outside. My boys always wear belly bands when they are anywhere besides the kitchen, and so far it is working out. I miss the one on one time that I had with Gizmo, but these guys are well socialized, and seem to love everyone. Sometimes I look at Tenci and think she really needs a sister... Maybe someday...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!