View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
thelittleprince
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad nervous new owner

hi everyone this is my first post to yorkietalk.com and i'm still a touch confused about how this whole site works but here goes:

i just got a 2 year old yorkie. his previous owner couldn't keep him and so she gave him to me because she knew just how much and how long i've wanted a yorkie baby. she told me that prince is housebroken which i'm sure he is, but i think he has the tendency to pee in the house when he gets overly excited, confused or just upset with how i discipline him. my boyfriend keeps trying to assure me that prince is still nervous and getting used to a new home, but i'm starting to worry that he'll never get used to me and his new home

i take him out at 6:00 in the morning before work, and when i get home we play and/or walk for about 2 hours and most nights he sleeps with me in my bed but no matter what i do there still seems to be a bit of stubbornness and tension. my boyfriend keeps reassuring that it will take time for him getting used to being disciplined (i'm fairly certain he had no rules before) and i shouldn't feel bad or get discouraged but i feel like prince and i have a long way to go.
i guess my question is, is this normal? it it normal for yorkies who are used to different owners, a different house with different rules to "act out" and pee in the house due to excitement or confusion or just being upset? with his new set up?

i absolutely adore him and i look forward to coming home and being with him after work and i catch myself spoiling him to death! i'm hoping that this behavior is normal and that in time it'll work itself out?

any advice/suggestions/words of comfort would be a great help!
thelittleprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!