View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
amandawash
Lovin' my R & R
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDaze View Post
I am having a heck of a time with Daisy and her diet. She needss to weigh 10lbs. as this is what her Mom weighed. she is the larger size as I have a Pitbull.
In 3 mo. she has lost 2 oz. I had to seperate the 2 dogs as after Daisy finished her bowl of food Ozzy the 70lb. Pit would move away from his food and let her share. She is on Innova low fat food. She gets fed twice daily.
Total day feeding is less then half cup with either string beans or broccoli.
Her treats are vegtables. I walk both dogs together and it adds up to about 1 mile daily. The Vet wants her weight down as when she was 3 mo. old she broke her leg. She had 2 surgeries. One to put rods in her leg and the 2mo. later to have them removed. The Vet recommended a product manufactured by ArK Naturals. It is a beef jerky with Glucosamine and chondroitin, as she had a severe limp. The limp is completely gone and the Vet suggested to keepm her on this daily,as it will be of great help when she ages. I am glad this happened before the economy took a slide, as I call her my $5,000
baby. Her orthopedic surgery was a fortune.But she is worth every penny.
My husband is a vet and sells Platinum Performance products.. Canine Nutrition Center

Anyway, their main vitamin/mineral/antioxident formula recently was upgraded and they now make a supplement designed for joint care.. It's called Platinum Performance Complete Joint and contains Glucosamine, Hyluronic Acid as well as other ingredients that are designed to cusion and lubricate the joints.. It is awesome stuff. You might want to consider it Let me know if you want to try it..
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!