View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Dara311
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc View Post
So it's close to 6pm, and so far Roxy hasn't eaten much at all today. This is a regular occurance. There has been food in her dish all day, but it seems the only way we can get her to eat unless she's totally starving is to put her food in an empty pop bottle and let her jump on it in order to get it out. This is something she's perfected now, and knows exactly where to hit the bottle in order for the food to come out. I just put some food in there and of course she ate it all up, but why won't she just eat it if it's in her dish?? What a little goof ball! She prefers to work for her food rather than just have it handed to her? Does anyone else have weird food issues like this with their pups?
wow! thats cute, and strange at the same time! what a smarty!

maybe she is afraid of the bowls you have for her!? we bought fiona this plastic bowls at first, she would not eat out of them at all, so i got the stainless steal ones, and she did fine with that!!!!! Maybe try hand feeding her too!? Fiona gets a little bit of food in her crate when i leave in the am for work, and when she gets home, i fill her bowl, but she usually wont touch it until about 9pm at night, which is odd to me...maybe she is just being picky!? (i'd talk to your vet?. i think it would be different if she werent eating at all! )
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!